We are seeking an Operations Manager who will make a tangible contribution to the continued advancement and evolution of our growing company.
Legend Lighting is a family owned lighting distributorship and showroom serving homebuilders, interior designers, and homeowners in Austin, Texas, and the surrounding areas. Our company was founded in 2008 and has grown to 18 employees while building a strong reputation as a leader in our local marketplace and our industry.
As Operations Manager you will be directly responsible for the seamless operation of showroom and back-of-house activities so that we deliver a consistent, positive customer experience. Your focus on operational excellence allows the outside sales team to focus on business development and enables the company owners to concentrate on planning for and adapting to an ever-changing marketplace.
This career opportunity will challenge you to become an expert in residential lighting fixtures, applications, and technologies; understand what products we stock and why; and learn our operations so that you can seek out ways for us to continuously improve. The reward will be the opportunity to lead a team of passionate, talented, and caring professionals while helping our team and its individuals to grow and thrive.
As our Operations Manager, you will…
• Manage, lead and coach sales and back-of-house teams to ensure the delivery of a consistent, positive customer experience
• Build trust, assure accountability, and cultivate a positive work environment that promotes success for all team members
• Work with owners to plan for staffing needs, including hiring, scheduling, and leadership development
• Ensure company policies and procedures are consistently updated, communicated and followed by both sales and support team members
• Plan and oversee employee training for operations, product knowledge, and customer service
• Assist in the development and maintenance of tools to aid the sales process
• Recommend and oversee purchasing and inventory strategies in collaboration with owners
• Build and maintain positive and mutually beneficial relationships with vendors and suppliers
• Ensure the timely and professional resolution of customer service issues
• Assist with managerial and financial reports to help owners identify and analyze business trends
• Maintain a safe work environment for all employees
• Assist owners with planning and implementation of display projects
• Oversee facilities maintenance
We think you’ll be a great Operations Manager if you…
• Take ownership of the success of the company and each member of our team
• Love to teach and coach other people to be their best and take pride in their work
• Are willing to roll up your sleeves and get dirty (literally) to help someone, teach someone, or make sure the job gets done
• Are able to prioritize, plan, and adjust your workload in alignment with the current needs of our business
• Have a strength for identifying problems and finding effective, pragmatic solutions
• Provide flexible leadership and easily adjust to the varied skillsets, personalities, and experience levels of our team
• Lead by action and example to motivate and influence others towards the individual and shared goals of our team members and the company
• Embrace and adapt to change and ambiguity
• Insightfully discern when to follow the rules to a T and when it’s appropriate to bend them
• Are a focused and deliberate individual who delivers consistent results on projects and tasks
• Hold the team accountable in a manner that builds trust and inspires confidence yet requires consistency
• Understand the importance of giving and receiving useful yet respectful feedback
• Are comfortable providing suggestions and counsel yet respectful of the owners’ prerogative
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Experience in a leadership or coaching role where you’ve demonstrated your ability to develop and nurture a team
• Experience with and/or functional understanding of warehouse logistics, inventory control, buying, inventory planning, vendor relations, customer service training, customer service issue resolution
• Moderate to advanced ability with Microsoft Excel
• Working knowledge of computer networking, databases, SaaS, etc.
• Basic working knowledge of financial and managerial accounting
• Experience in a B2C/B2B sales environment, especially in a similar building materials or home decor industry, is helpful but not required
• Availability for occasional overnight travel for market and conferences
• Comfortable on your feet and moving about our warehouse and showroom facilities for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift moderately large boxes up to 35 pounds without assistance
• And most importantly, passion for learning new things, building teams, and helping others!
To express your interest in this career opportunity, please send your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should be, “Resume for Operations Manager from [your name].” The body of the email should include a letter (300 words or less) letting us know why we should consider you for this position and how this opportunity fits into your career goals. Finally, in your letter tell us which item from our “We think you’ll be a great Operations Manager if you…” list above you think is most important to being successful in this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free workplace. Background investigation, MVR, and drug screening required. Thank you for your interest.